Keeping a website well maintained and attractive is important to a company in order to engage and retain customers. Just like your health can fall apart if you go too long without a regular checkup, so can the health of your website. Wits Technologies regularly check your website for issues and mistakes and keeping it updated and relevant. This is done on a consistent basis in order to keep your website healthy, encourage continued traffic growth, and strengthen your SEO and Google rankings. Regular monitoring of your website is a must for keeping your business running smoothly.
Wits Technologies ensures that your site is in order by completing the following tasks regularly:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors and check if there are any broken links
- Run a backup and make sure a previous version of your site is stored
- Make updates to website software and plugins
- Check that all of your forms are running properly
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place
- Check your blog to see if there are any articles that could be updated
Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action
Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly
Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy
Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted
Ensure that your website domain name is renewed
Consider whether a website design update is due
From this we can tell website maintenance should be a consistent part of your business. It grows on itself, and if not correctly implemented, can cause some serious problems and setbacks to your potential growth and business health.