Keeping a website well maintained and attractive is important to a company in order to engage and retain customers. Just like your health can fall apart if you go too long without a regular checkup, so can the health of your website. Wits Technologies regularly check your website for issues and mistakes and keeping it updated and relevant. This is done on a consistent basis in order to keep your website healthy, encourage continued traffic growth, and strengthen your SEO and Google rankings. Regular monitoring of your website is a must for keeping your business running smoothly. Wits Technologies ensures that your site is in order by completing the following tasks regularly:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors and check if there are any broken links
- Run a backup and make sure a previous version of your site is stored
- Make updates to website software and plugins
- Check that all of your forms are running properly
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place
- Check your blog to see if there are any articles that could be updated
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly
- Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy
- Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed
- Consider whether a website design update is due
From this we can tell website maintenance should be a consistent part of your business. It grows on itself, and if not correctly implemented, can cause some serious problems and setbacks to your potential growth and business health.